Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Just a 30 minute ferry ride off Hilton Head Island, SC lies Daufuskie Island. Haig Point, a private residential community on Daufuskie, hosts this ultimate event consisting of a half marathon or full marathon. This event is produced by Run 4 a Reason/ Rough Runners R4R.
Runners will experience the all inclusive race, as soon as they step onto the island. The runners will be greeted with a morning cup of coffee, cinnamon roll, and hyped entertainment to get you ready to run. Race through Haig Point, to Freeport, onto Church Rd, and then back into Haig Point along the beach. After your race, a catered picnic lunch and an assortment of beverages await you…including a cool beer provided you’re of legal drinking age. Additionally, each runner will receive high end swag and a finishing medal to commemorate your accomplishment. Take your medal to Jacy, a local artist, and she will engrave your finishing time while enjoying the after party. Chow down and listen to live entertainment with family and friends while you recover and enjoy your accomplishment.
Visit our website www.daufuskieislandmarathon.com for complete information and logistics. A ferry pass Daufuskie Island is NOT included in the registration.
see here for ferry pass tickets. https://haig-point-club-and-community-association-2.square.site/
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 15, 2018
Last Updated in our DirectoryJan 18, 2023
Appears in Directories
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings