NameMt FrontRunner Marathon
Events26.2M run13.1M run
May 23, 2021 Sunday
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Since the dawn of time way back in 2001 MIT has trudged their way up from the Old and Tangy River Saturday after Saturday. They run cursing up inclines such as Hotel Hill, Dead Poets, the Worthington Hills hills along with many, many more.
Yet no incline thrust such savagery at these dutiful runners and walkers as does Mount FrontRunner. Like Edmund Hillary before them these climbers of tens of feet per mile fight tooth and nail until they reach the summit.
That was until COVID arrived. The finnicky beast fought us off the mountain. But no more! Or at least not for one spring Sunday in May!
Yes! We are returning to the summit of all summits for a one-time engagement! Join us for the Mount FrontRunner Marathon on Sunday, May 23rd!
The Mount FrontRunner Marathon is a socially distanced, USATF certified Half and Full Marathon! For you crazies looking for a Boston Qualifier, it will be USATF certified, and registered with the B.A.A., NYRR and more!!
So how will it work?!
- Registration deadline is May15th. Absolutely no registration will be permitted after May15th.
- Register for the event.
- During registration you will need to provide the distance (half or full), and your estimated finish time.
- Your distance and estimated finish time will determine your starting time.
- You will be placed in waves of 3-5 participants with similar distance and estimating finishing times.
- Worthington Industries located at 200 W Wilson Bridge Rd, Worthington OH 43085 will serve as Race HQ.
- Participants will be staged in their waves 20 minutes prior to their assigned start time.
- Participants are required to wear a mask in the staging area.
- Participants MUST be at the staging area 20 minutes prior to assigned start time, or risk missing their wave start time.
- Waves will start every minute beginning at 7:00am with the final start occurring at 8:30am.
- Participants missing their wave start time will not be permitted to start and will not receive a refund.
- The course heads from Worthington Industries, down Wilson Bridge Rd to the Olentangy Trail (CLICK FOR COURSE MAP).
- Once on the Olentangy Trail participants run to the 6.55 mile turn around point and return the way they came back to Worthington Industries.
- Half Marathoners run 1 full loop.
- Full Marathoners repeat the course.
- The course closes at 3pm.
- Please note: the course is not a closed course. There may be others on the path. Follow all trail rules and common courrtesies of trail etiquette.
- After finishing participants will be asked to keep moving and return to their vehicles. No congregating at the finish will be permitted.
What do you get?!
- USATF certified, electronically timed Half or Full Marathon.
- Mount FrontRunner Marathon Tee
- Mount FrontRunner Marathon Finisher’s Medal
- Mount FrontRunner Summit Recovery Pack
- Exclusive access to the official merchandise store!
2021 Spring Participant Tee (Brooks Podium Tee)
2021 Spring Finisher Medal
- $35 - through March 15
- $40 - March 16 through April 15 if spots still remain
- $45 - April 16 through May 15 if spots still remain
- $50 - May 16 though May 22 if spots still remain
Packet Pick Up Information:
- Packet Pick Up begins Thursday, May 20th and runs through Saturday, May 23rd during regular business hours at the Fleet Feet Lewis Center (1270 E Powell Rd, 43035)
- NO RACE DAY PACKET PICK UP
- We need a few good volunteers! Volunteers receive a race tee and a $20 Fleet Feet voucher! Sign up to volunteer by following the registration link!
More about the wave start and cutoff:
- Beginning at 7:00am waves of 3-5 participants will start.
- Waves start every minute.
- Start times will be announced on May 15th.
- Participants need to be in parking lot staging area 20 minutes before their assigned start time.
- Final wave starts at 8:30am
- Course closes at 3:00pm.
- Final lap for full marathoners must begin three and a half hours after the final wave has started. If final wave starts at 8am, cutoff is 11:30am. If final wave starts at 8:30am cutoff is 12:00pm. Final wave times and cutoff times will be announced the week of May 15th.
- Participants not able to start the second lap by cutoff will be required to stop and will be moved to the half marathon.
- To ensure we keep all participants on schedule to start we will not allow late starts. If you miss your start time you will not be permitted to race. You will not receive a refund.
Official Merchandise Store - Check out the official merchandise store here!
Fit For Life Physical Therapy: Official Sports Medicine Provider with onsite medical tent, free prerace injury screens, free prerace AlterG for 20 miler weeks, free post race injury clinic with finisher gear pickup, free NormaTec week after race.
Fit For Life Physical Therapy is proud of the work that you have done to get to the starting line for the Mount FrontRunner Marathon.
As Mount FrontRunner’s Official Sports Medicine Partner, Fit For Life Physical Therapy will be with you every step of the way:
· At our Lane Avenue & Polaris locations, we offer free injury screens from 7 a.m. to 7 pm. Monday through Friday and 7 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday
· During these last few days, our AlterG Anti-Gravity treadmill will be free to race registrants. Give your legs a break in our unweighted environment!
· On race day, Sean and Mimsy will once again be onsite with our FFL medical tent and clinicians to care for your bumps and bruises
· And, after the race, we will offer for FREE our pop-up recovery zones to all the race’s runners & walkers at both Fit For Life sites:
o NormaTec Pulse Compression Sleeve use
o HyperVolt Percussion Massage
o And, of course, Expert Injury Screens
Fit For Life Physical Therapy is proud to be the Mount FrontRunner Marathon, MIT, and Fleet Feet + FrontRunner’s Sports Medicine Partner. We will keep you moving – no matter what you do.
Contact Fit For Life Physical Therapy at (614) 981-1979 or www.fitforlifephysicaltherapy.com with your injury prevention, maintenance, or rehabilitation needs!
Past Results & Photos
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryAug 19, 2020
Last Updated in our DirectoryFeb 21, 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings