NameSandhill Crane All Trail Half Marathon
Events10K run5K run13.1M trail run
Oct 18, 2020 Sunday Past Date
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
12th ANNUAL!! A GREAT PURE MICHIGAN ALL TRAIL COURSE!
REGISTRATION IS CLOSED DUE TO MUCH HIGHER INTEREST THIS YEAR
New Updates for this year's race:
EARLY PACKET/T-SHIRT PICKUP SAT 11AM-1PM at Lawless Park (free entry) and RACE DAY 7:45-9:00AM
1) No race day registration - registration IS CLOSED.
2) Please wear face masks when picking up participant bib's and shirts on race day.
3) Open Start Windows - Participants will have time frames to start their race. This will provide excellent social distancing at the start line
- Half Marathon Start Window - 9:00 am to 9:30 am
- 10K Run Start Window - 9:30 am to 9:45 am
- 5K Run/Walk Start Window - 9:45 am to 10:00 am
4) No Results Board - times will be posted "Live" during the event. Use the following URL to access times:
RUN OR SPORT WALK A FANTASTIC COURSE!
The Friends Of Cass County Parks (a 501c3) is the Race Organizer this year with Coach Ron Gunn continuing as Race Director for this non-repeat, all trail course. Located in the 820 acre Dr. T. K. Lawless County Park it is a hidden gem in the beautiful southwest Michigan. This natural scenic odyssey of forest and field includes 6 charming bridge crossings, lots of streams and small lakes, and, of course, some hills (aka, "vertical visual breaks"). Sandhill Cranes do frequent this bucolic area, adding charm to the course – take it as a good omen if you see one during your race.
• Dynamite custom design long sleeve performance T-shirts to all finishers. (Registration IS CLOSED)
•The aid stations on the course will offer both 8oz. bottled water or pre poured water in a cup prepared in a sanitary manner. The finish aid area will offer bottled water, packaged cookies, packaged chips and optional sanitized apples. Please bring any other recovery aid that you may need.
• Chip timing for 5k, 10k and Half Marathon (Chip timing will close at Noon - course open to 2:00PM for sport walkers)
• Music DJ at start and finish, and music stations on the course to inspire participants.
• Finishers in all races from Cass County, Niles and the Granger area will be listed in an HONOR
ROLL in the appropriate newspapers.
• Race benefits the Cass County Parks and the Dowagiac Rotary Club.
• No parking fee again this year!
- 8:00 AM to race start Event Packet Pickup
- CORRAL START (like the DIPSEA Race)
- 9:00 - 9:30AM ½ Marathon
- 9:30 - 9:45AM 10k Run & Walk
- 9:45 - 10:00 AM 5k Run & Walk
- 10:05 AM 1k Kids Fun Run (free)
- $19.00 Until OCT 16 (11:59 pm)
- Online Registration IS CLOSED
Mail In Registration
- $19.00 Until OCT 12
- Do Not Mail - ALL REGISTRATION IS CLOSED
- Mail To: The Friends Of Cass County Parks, P.O. Box 131, Cassopolis, MI 49031
To guarantee a tee shirt on race day - Registration must be received by October 9.
Timing and Scoring
Timing and scoring will be done by Mac's Sports Timing. Results will be posted at www.macssportstiming.com soon after the completion of the event.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJul 6, 2014
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 13, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Aug 27, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings