NameSandhill Crane All Trail Half Marathon
Events10K run5K run13.1M trail run
Oct 18, 2020 Sunday
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
12th ANNUAL!! A GREAT PURE MICHIGAN ALL TRAIL COURSE!
New Updates for this year's race:
1) No race day registration - registration deadline is September 16th (11:59 pm).
2) Please wear face masks when picking up participant bib's and shirts on race day.
3) Open Start Windows - Participants will have time frames to start their race. This will provide excellent social distancing at the start line
- Half Marathon Start Window - 9:00 am to 9:30 am
- 10K Run Start Window - 9:30 am to 9:45 am
- 5K Run/Walk Start Window - 9:45 am to 10:00 am
4) No Results Board - times will be posted "Live" during the event. Use the following URL to access times:
RUN OR SPORT WALK A FANTASTIC COURSE!
The Friends Of Cass County Parks (a 501c3) is the Race Organizer this year with Coach Ron Gunn continuing as Race Director for this non-repeat, all trail course. Located in the 820 acre Dr. T. K. Lawless County Park it is a hidden gem in the beautiful southwest Michigan. This natural scenic odyssey of forest and field includes 6 charming bridge crossings, lots of streams and small lakes, and, of course, some hills (aka, "vertical visual breaks"). Sandhill Cranes do frequent this bucolic area, adding charm to the course – take it as a good omen if you see one during your race.
• Dynamite custom design long sleeve performance T-shirts to all finishers. (Register by OCT 9th to pick up on race day)
• Custom laser engraved wood award for top two finishers each age group and race medal for third place.
• Water and sport drink on the course and a great re-hydration station at the finish featuring fruit, sport drink,
Popsicle, potato chips, homemade cookies and water.
• Chip timing for 5k, 10k and Half Marathon (Chip timing will close at Noon - course open to 2:00PM for sport walkers)
• Music DJ at start and finish, and music stations on the course to inspire participants.
• Finishers in all races from Cass County, Niles and the Granger area will be listed in an HONOR
ROLL in the appropriate newspapers.
• Race benefits the Cass County Parks and the Dowagiac Rotary Club.
• No parking fee again this year!
- 8:00 AM to race start Event Packet Pickup
- CORRAL START (like the DIPSEA Race)
- 9:00 - 9:30AM ½ Marathon
- 9:30 - 9:45AM 10k Run & Walk
- 9:45 - 10:00 AM 5k Run & Walk
- 10:05 AM 1k Kids Fun Run (free)
- $19.00 Until OCT 16 (11:59 pm)
- Online Registration Closes on OCT 16 (11:59pm)
Mail In Registration
- $19.00 Until OCT 12
- Do Not Mail After OCT 12
- Mail To: The Friends Of Cass County Parks, P.O. Box 131, Cassopolis, MI 49031 Flier & Mail form
To guarantee a tee shirt on race day - Registration must be received by October 9.
Timing and Scoring
Timing and scoring will be done by Mac's Sports Timing. Results will be posted at www.macssportstiming.com soon after the completion of the event.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJul 6, 2014
Last Updated in our DirectoryMar 13, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Aug 27, 2020
Page Views - 429
We began reporting page views for details pages on November 1, 2019. Today's page views will be reported tomorrow.
Connections - 146
Connections are when someone clicks a link for this listing, to go to the listing's official website, web page, information, etc.
We began reporting connections on November 1, 2019. Today's connections will be reported tomorrow.
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings