Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Come join us for the 40th annual Derby Firecracker Race on the 4th of July! Pick between a 4 mile course or a fast certified 1 mile course. Enjoy a looped course that begins and end in Derby's High Park. A cash reward to our fastest male and female runners in each race of $50.00 will be awarded as well as age group awards!
- Shirts this year will be tri-blend shirts! Shirts will be guaranteed for the first 200 registrants. So be sure to sign up early!
- Finisher medals will be given to all runners!
- If you or somebody you know would like to volunteer, let the race director know.
- The races are chip-timed by the experienced crew of Timer Guys!
Kids age 1-12 pricing is $15.00 before May 31st and $20.00 after. Price increase for all other registrants will be $35.00, $40.00 for both after June 13th and $40.00, $45.00 for both on race day.
4 Mile Race
The Four Mile Race will begin promptly at 7:30 a.m. It is open to all ages and abilities, including runners and walkers. Veterans will be recognized before the start of the 4 Mile Race.
1 Mile Race
The One Mile Race will follow the Four Mile Race at approximately 8:30 a.m. It is open to all ages and abilities, including runners and walkers.
Aid Station Refreshments
An aid station will be at the 2.5-mile mark of the 4-mile race. Due to COVID concerns and to minimize physical contact, only bottled water and pre-packaged snacks will be provided after the race.
Join the Derby Run Club
Want to save an extra $5.00? Join the Derby Run Club for the low price of $25.00 for families and $20.00 for individuals. What all benefits do you get for joining?
- Save $5.00 on each Derby Run Club Race
- Receive an awesome Derby Run Club T-shirt
- Free Admission to the Annual Derby Run Club Christmas Party
- Receive a 10% Discount at First Gear Running Company and Fleet Feet Wichita!
- Assist the Derby Running Club in supporting the running community by funding quality equipment, certified courses, and insurance to continue our tradition of sponsor-free events designed “by runners for runners.”
- Board Member opportunities are available for members interested in guiding the DRC into the future!
Custom awards for the top two runners in the following age groups:
4 Mile 1 Mile
Men & Women Men & Women
High heat and humidity can be dangerous to runners. Therefore, make sure you drink plenty of fluids the morning of the race and at the aid stations. If you feel overheated or feel dizzy, seek aid.
Races are limited to registered participants only. No roller blades, bicycles, skateboards, dogs are allowed. Noncompliance will result in disqualification. Course Marshalls will control traffic, but runners should use extreme caution. Slower participants and strollers are encouraged to begin toward the rear to avoid congestion and collision.
During the hours of the race between 7:30 AM and 9:00 AM, please enter and exit High Park from the North entrance next to James Street. Parking will be available in the North parking lot as well as other parking lots within the park.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJun 6, 2014
Last Updated in our DirectoryApr 26, 2021
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Apr 29, 2021
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2022
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings