NameCaveman Roar n' Pour 5K Trail Run
Events5K trail run
Oct 3, 2020 Saturday Rescheduled Mar 21, 2020 Saturday Cancelled
Extended Listing Information
Details from event's Active.com listing:
Cave B Estate Winery is a beautiful place located in Quincy, Washington, next door to the famous Gorge Amphitheater overlooking the Columbia River Gorge. This trail run wanders through the Cave B Familigia Vineyards, through the sage dotted desert plateau and along the cliffs overlooking the Columbia River. It is an event for all levels: walker, joggers, runners - a fantastic training run, beautiful views and chance to get out and enjoy the majesty of the land and nature. The Caveman 5K Roar and Pour Trail Fun Run and Wine Tasting Event is now in its 7th year and was originally scheduled on Saturday, March 21, 2020 but because of Coronavirus 19 concerns we are postponing the race until Saturday, October 3, 2020. There is no other run quite like it with runners dressed as Cavemen & Cavewomen running through the vineyards and along the gorgeous gorge cliff edge. It is a ROARING good time with many amazing photo opportunities along your run (or walk). The run ends outside of our tasting room where we will praise your success and hand you a wine glass and tickets to sample four different delicious Cave B wines. Enjoy a picnic on our grass with your pre-ordered lunch of a Turkey Pesto Sandwich Meal or fresh Veggie Wrap Meal from Dilly Deli with chips, fruit and water) while you taste the wines & listen to incredible live Steel Drum Music for some post-race fun (bring your own blanket)!
Even if the exercise part isn't your thing, we'd love to have you join us as a fan or a volunteer roaring and cheering for the participants and sampling our wonderful award winning wines.
For fun we have a team option. Get together a group of friends, co-workers, or family members and make the event your own. Four or more constitutes a team. Please note: If you are the team captain please register yourself as an individual, when it asks if you would like to form a team say, "yes", create a team name and then email or text your friends with the team name as they will need to register themselves. Our terrain is too uneven and rocky to not guarantee each individual person is signing a waiver and reading all forms, thus your teammates will need to register as an individual and when it says "do you want to join a team", they will say "yes". It will then ask for the team name that YOU created. They will type in that name and will be put on your team. You can decided if you want your team to be password protected or not. If you do just remember to tell your teammates your password AND your team name. Easy Peasy! At the race you and your team will find your race packet at the "Team Table".
Fun prizes will be awarded in a variety of categories for individuals and teams:
- First Finisher (no official clock), Men, Women & Kid run
- Best Caveman and/or Cavewoman costume
- Best team theme and spirit (four or more runners)
- Best human and dog costume combination
Every year we like to use our 5K run to support organizations in our community we care about. This winter we are opening our 3rd tasting room in the Tri-Cities and as a result 100% of all Corporate Sponsorships for this year's run go towards supporting the Tri-Cities Steel Band Association, which is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Richland, Washington. They promote world music in the Mid-Columbia region through education and music performance for middle school and high school age students. The organization currently sponsors four performance bands: two steel drum bands (OK2Botay and Bram Bratá) and two marimba bands ( ‘Baduku and ‘Bahuru), many of which will be performing for you before and after the run. If you would like to be a corporate sponsor please email email@example.com for details.
If you would like to support the band(s) individually as a runner with an extra monetary gift please do so during your online registration. As a supporter of all types of creative works, especially for our youth, we are also supporting the Wenatchee High School Student Run AppleLeaf Newspaper with their fundraising efforts to go to Nashville, TN for a national journalism convention this spring. The Appleleaf student editors and reporters will be manning the registration tables, water stations and pre-ordered lunch table at this year's run. If you would like to support them in their fundraising efforts please do so during your online registration. Thank you for supporting youth in our communities.
Cave B Estate Winery is located in the center of Washington state at 348 Silica Rd NW, Quincy, WA 98848 ~2.5 hours from Seattle, head east on I-90, ~45 minutes from Ellensburg, about 50 minutes from Wenatchee down WA-28 and WA 281 or ~2.25 hours from Spokane heading west on 1-90. Come on over, join in the run and the fun.
Please note: there are no refunds or cancellations.
Online registration will close on Friday, September 25, 2020 at 12am. Day of registration on Saturday, October 3, 2020 will take place in our winery tasting room from 8:30am 10:30am.
We are excited to have you join us,
The Cave B Estate Winery Team
Event details and schedule
- Registration January 9, 2020 through August 31, 2020 online at www.Active.com (guaranteed t-shirt)
- Late registration August 31, 2020 through September 25, 2020 Online at www.Active.com (T-shirt no longer guaranteed)
- Online Registration Closes September 25 at 5pm
- Race Day Onsite Registration 8:30-10:30 AM October 3, 2020: Tasting Room at Cave B Estate Winery Quincy, WA
- Packet Pick-up Race Day only this year!! Saturday, October 3, 2020 9:00 AM-10:45 AM: Cave B Estate Winery, outside, upper level of tasting room roundhouse.
- Start Time Kid's Run - Carol's Cabernet Loop - 10:15 AM October 3, 2020, meet on the stage at 10am.
- Start Time Caveman 5K Roar and Pour Trail Fun Run - 11 AM October 3,2020
- Wine Tasting - Cave B Wine Tasting for racers 11:45 AM-1:15pm October 3, 2020
- Live Music-Tri Cities Steel Band-pre and post run, October 3, 2020
- Pre-Ordered Lunch & Picnic w/ music- 11:45am-1pm October 3, 2020
- Awards - ~1 PM to 1:15pm October 3, 2020
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryFeb 19, 2014
Last Updated in our DirectoryJun 20, 2020
Page Views - 243
We began reporting page views for details pages on November 1, 2019. Today's page views will be reported tomorrow.
Connections - 175
Connections are when someone clicks a link for this listing, to go to the listing's official website, web page, information, etc.
We began reporting connections on November 1, 2019. Today's connections will be reported tomorrow.
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings