Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
We are excited to be be back at French Creek State Park for our 12th edition of the French Creek Triathlon! Make it a family weekend...
Race in our Triathlon on Saturday and stay overnight for our SwimFest on Sunday with open water swim races, a SwimRun, and a kids in our Splash and Dash!
You'll surely have a designated cheering section for each race!
The French Creek Triathlon & SwimFest includes the following:
Olympic triathlon, including Aquabike, Relay division, and Athena/Clydesdale
Sprint and Olympic Duathlon
Splash and Dash (adult and youth) - 250m swim, 1 mile run
SwimFest - 800m, 1600m, and 5K swim events.
The French Creek Tri & Youth Splash and Dash are USAT Sanctioned events.
Custom awards to top 3 in each age group, in each event.
Free hot food buffet for all racers and volunteers.
We will follow the USAT Wetsuit rule of 78º temperature threshold. Should the water temperature exceed 78º, anyone wearing a wetsuit will not be counted in the official results. Should the water temperature exceed 84º F, no wetsuits may be worn. We will post the water temperature on our Facebook Page the week leading up to the race, and final temperature will be announced on race morning.
Sprint, 1 loop. Olympic, 2 loops. All swimmers certify that they are capable of completing the distance and have completed an open water swim previously.
12.1 Mile Bike
Sprint, 1 loop.
Olympic, 2 loops (22.1 miles) - After loop 1, continue straight on Park Rd. instead of turning right to go back up the hill into transition.
Sprint Duathlon: 1 mile run, 12.1 mile bike, 5K Run
Olympic Duathlon: 1 mile run, 22.1 mile bike, 10K Run
***Cell phone reception is very hit or miss at the park, so please don't count on it. The address of the park office is 843 Park Road, Elverson, PA 19520 (this may lead to the wrong location on some GPS routes). You can also Google Hopewell Lake - French Creek State Park Boat Rental is the start of the race and is very close to the parking area.
- Directions from the Philadelphia / King of Prussia area: Take 422 West past Pottstown to the first red light. Turn left onto River Bridge Road. Cross the bridge and make a right onto PA-724. Follow 724 West for 0.7 miles, then turn left on Red Corner Road. After 2.1 miles, make a left at the stop sign onto Shed Road. After 2.0 miles, the road will come to a T. Turn left on PA-345 South, then a quick right on Park Rd into the actual Park. Continue on Park Road for 2 miles and you'll see Hopewell Lake on your left. Continue to the next left after the park office. Continue to the top of the hill and park near the swimming pool.
- Directions from PA Turnpike (points south and west): Take the Morgantown exit (298) of the PA Turnpike. Take I-176 North for 0.1 miles to exit 1A. Turn right on PA-10 North and follow for 0.5 miles. Turn right on Joanna Road. After 0.9 miles, turn right on Elverson Road. After 0.6 miles, make a slight left onto Hopewell Road. Hopewell Road turns to Park Road. Pass South Entrance Road. After 3.8 miles on Hopewell / Park, turn right before the park office. (If you pass Hopewell Lake, you went too far). Continue to the top of the hill and park near the swimming pool.
Parking will be available in the upper (Day use) lot at the park. NO RACERS, SPECTATORS, WORKERS, SPONSORS, OR VOLUNTEERS MAY PARK ON ANY GRASS. ANYONE CAUGHT PARKING ON GRASS WILL BE SUBJECT TO DISQUALIFICATION FROM THE RACE.
No refunds. A registered athlete may request a deferral to next year's event if they do so at least 14 days prior to the event. A nominal fee shall apply.
VOLUNTEERS: Interested in volunteering? Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll find the perfect job for you. TO VOLUNTEER FOR THIS EVENT, CLICK HERE!
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryFeb 12, 2013
Last Updated in our DirectoryJul 21, 2023
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Oct 9, 2023
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings