NameRun 4 Water MKE
On-Site Race Apr 25, 2021 Sunday On-Site Race Cancelled Virtual Race Apr 17 - Apr 25, 2021
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
In 2021 Milwaukee is going to celebrate United Nations World Water Day virtually at the 9th annual Run 4 Water MKE between April 17 and April 25! The 5K run/walk will symbolize distances traveled to access water in other parts of the globe. All proceeds from the Run 4 Water MKE go to projects designed and built by Engineers Without Borders at UW-Milwaukee providing clean water to villages in rural Guatemala.
The virtual race can be completed any time between 6:00 AM on Saturday, April 17 and 10:30 on Sunday, April 25. Awards will be mailed out after the race.
Please note that shirts and race packets are sold out for 2021 due to higher than anticipated interest in the race. You can still register for the race, participate virtually via the RaceJoy app, be eligible for prizes (except the race bid and race shirt photo contests), be part of a team, and support a great cause, however you will not receive a race shirt or race bib. Consequently the price for registration from 4/9/21 at 8:30 PM through 4/25/21 on 10:30 AM has gone back down to $25.
Submitting Your Result
An important part of this Virtual Race is submitting your time so that you can see how you rank, much like a traditional run. The event will be timed using the RaceJoy app. Even if you aren't planning to competitively run the race, this app will enhance your race experience by mapping the distance you have traveled (so you know when the race is over!), giving you customized race information as you progress, allowing friends and family to cheer you on, and more. Please visit www.racejoy.net/participants to learn more and download the RaceJoy app on your smartphone before you complete your race. You'll need your bib number which you can see by signing into your account at www.runsignup.com and looking at your registration for the race. If you are having trouble locating your bib number, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll email it to you. Below are instructions for getting the app set up after it is installed and you’ll also be emailed instruction from the app after you set it up:
- Search for “Run 4 Water MKE” and click on the race when you see it in the search results.
- Click “I Want to Be Tracked” under Participants then create your RaceJoy profile.
- Select “5K Anywhere” as your course and enter your race bib number.
- Confirm that the device you are setting up the app on is the device you will use to track your race and allow the device to access your location so that it can track you (if you don’t like apps tracking you then feel free to delete the app when the race is over).
- In the “Tracking Setup” screen be sure to enable “Progress Alerts” so you’ll hear announcements from us as the race progresses. Clicking on “Audio Setup” gives you more options which are all set to on by default and we recommend leaving them on.
- Verify that the tracking feature is working by seeing if the GPS on your phone correctly places you on the map.
- Create a Race Fan Club gives you options to inform friends and family that you’ll be doing the race so they can cheer you on or sent encouragement. This is not mandatory and can be skipped by clicking “Next”.
- Read through the tips given by the app paying special attention to the need to click the “Track Me” button on race day to turn the tracking on.
- When you are ready to complete your race click “Track Me” and then “Start My Race” and enjoy the event! Note: these options will only show up in the app between 4/17 at 6 AM and 4/25 at 10:30 AM.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJul 4, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectoryJun 28, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Feb 6, 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings