Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Located on the outskirts of Allentown, PA at Lake Nockamixon State Park the Independence Triathlon is a great early season race to check your legs. Just 90 minutes from New York and 60 minutes from Philadelphia, this race is easy to get to and so much fun to race! Athletes will swim one or two 750 meter laps in the crisp, fresh waters of Lake Nockamixon (70’sh) then race Sprint or Olympic distance races on the closed bike course. Yup, the local fire police shut down the well paved, rolling roads for the race; it’s 4 lanes wide and car free. Lastly, there’s a scenic, rolling run course on the shoulder of 563. This is a great early season event and is not to be missed. Plus, Allentown, PA is a pretty fun town with lots of things to do including mountain bike trails, rail trails, Dorney Park and more. Find more things to do HERE, and make a “race-cation” out of it!
Watch our race video HERE and register!
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryApr 21, 2012
Last Updated in our DirectoryAug 26, 2022
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Oct 28, 2022
Appears in Directories
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2024
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
- Because we personally verify everything that is submitted to us, we allow anyone to submit an update or correction, or report a problem. No need to create an account or log in.
- Submit an Update Or Correction
- Feature This Listing
- Report a Bad Link
- Remove From Directory
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A Saved Race is one that has been added to your personal directory. You can organized races in lists, and add comments for your own personal reminders and information.
- You must Create an Account and Log In to save races to your own personal directory.
- Learn more about Saved Races
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings