NameFall Backyard Burn Trail Running Series - Race #2
Events10M trail run5M trail run
Nov 21, 2020 Saturday Past Date Nov 22, 2020 Sunday Past Date
Extended Listing Information
Related Listingspart ofFall Backyard Burn
Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
The Fall Backyard Burn (SBYB) is a series of 5 and 10 mile trail running races held on some of the best trail networks in the Northern Virginia Area. All the courses include a mixture of forested fire roads, twisty hiking trails, stream crossings, grassy fields, and minimal pavement.
Fountainhead Regional Park is situated along the banks of the Occoquan Reservoir in Western Fairfax County. This awesome race course is beautiful and consists of hiking trails and a few old dirt roads. We’ve been racing at Fountainhead for almost 15 years now…and it continues to be a racer favorite.
For course maps and additional information, please visit the race website. Note, we have a new 10-mile course this year.
Racing Over 2-Days and Staggered Check-in and Start Times
We are hosting the race on both Saturday (11/21) and Sunday (11/22) morning. Check-in times will be staggered from 7:15am to 9:15am each day. 10 mile runners will check-in between 7:15am and 8:00am and 5 mile runners will check-in between 8:15am and 9:15am.
- We would like to group the 10-mile runners with a pace sub 10-minute per mile pace in the 7:15am to 7:30am check-in group.
- We would like to group the 5-mile runners with a pace sub 10-minute per mile pace in the 8:15am to 8:30am check-in group.
- We'll be starting small groups of about 10 runners every 5 minutes.
Our charity partner for this event is Homestretch. If you are able, please consider making a donation to this amazing organization during registration.
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJan 20, 2006
Last Updated in our DirectoryNov 17, 2020
Last checked by a snack-eating human.Nov 25, 2020
This event has concludedWe hope to update it for 2021
Updates, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings