Details from event's RunSignUp.com listing:
Get Ready! The Running of the Santas is coming this December.
San Antonio RoadRunners is continuing the tradition of the best Santa Run in San Antonio. The Santa Antonio Run, previously put on by the BISH Foundation, will donate a portion of the race proceeds to Cancer Research.
Santa Antonio Run and Kids Elf Run. We will have a LIVE IN-PERSON and a Virtual Option.
RACE Start Times:
Kids Elf Run 8:30AM- kids run a total of a quarter mile out and back on the race course
5K Run 9:00 AM
1-Mile Walk or Run 9:05 AM
RACE Route: Route will be an out and back starting behind Alamo Beer. See Route HERE.
5k Awards: Overall male and female, Overall Masters male and female (over 40). 5 year age group starting at 14 and under thru 75+. Award ceremony will be at 10AM
Strollers and Runner with Pets: 9:10 AM after all runners-5K is chip timed so no worries on starting later
- The Santa Antonio IN-PERSON run will feature 3 events: Kids Elf Run, 5K, and 1-Mile Walk.
- The Kids Elf Run will kick off the race. Kids 2-10 will run a quarter mile before the Santas take off. Kids Run start time 8:30 AM. Kids receive an Elf hat and a finisher medal.
- Santa Antonio 5K will chip-timed and awards will go by chip-time not clock time. Overall and Age-group awards for Overall and Masters, Male and Female. 5-year age group awards. Start Time 9:00 AM.
- Santa Antonio 1-Mile Walk is not timed and will not have awards. Start time 9:05 AM.
- 5K and 1-Mile Walk participants will receive a complete Santa Suit (Hat, Beard, Jacket, Belt & Pants) and a Finisher medal.
- In person costume contest after the race. Dress in your best Santa outfit or Christmas costume. We will have three categories of awards Best costume overall, best kids costume, and best pet costume.
- Water and post-race refreshments will be provided at the finish line.
- The Dunkin' Cruiser will be at Alamo Beer for your pre and post run enjoyment. They will sample Dunkin's seasonal coffee flavors, iced and/or hot.
REGISTER EARLY: The SARR early membership discount (automatically taken at checkout for members) will expire 11/19/23 at midnight. Aged based discounts available for participants aged 5-24 and 70 years and older until 11/19/23 at midnight.
VIRTUAL RACE Details:
- The Virtual Santa Antonio 5K is a race that you can run or walk from any location and route. You get to run your own race, at your own pace, and time it yourself.
- Signup, download and print your race bib, complete the 5K, and submit your results.
- When you submit your time, you will also be able to download, print and/or share your Finisher's Certificate.
- Please take a picture at the end of your run with your Santa Antonio Run Medal. Upload these to your social media platforms and tag us or use the hashtag #SantaAntonio23
- Virtual Run participants receive a complete Santa Suit (Hat, Beard, Jacket, Belt & Pants) and a Santa Antonio Finisher Medal
- Complete your race and submit your results between: December 17, 2023, 12:00am-December 31, 2023, 11:59pm
Instagram: SARR Santa Antonio Instagram
Facebook: SARR Santa Antonio FaceBook Page
Packet Pickup Info. Highly recommended to pick up your packet before race day. Yes friends and family can pick up for you.
Friday, December 15th 4-7PM Alamo Beer Company (for virtual and live event participants)
Saturday, December 16th 1-4pm Alamo Beer Company (for virtual and live event participants)
Race Day, Sunday December 17th 7-9AM Alamo Beer Company (for live event participants only)
For sponsorship and race day vendor info email Race Director Merrianna Ramirez: firstname.lastname@example.org
For the love of all that is good and moisture wicking...
ALWAYS visit the race's website for the most complete and accurate race information.
Added to our DirectoryJun 28, 2021
Last Updated in our DirectoryApr 13, 2023
Updates, Options, Corrections, or Problems
Run-Time: Saved Race
- A claimed race is one that you are a contact for. We can email you when we update our listing, or if we have questions or concerns. You can schedule reminder emails to renew your race listings.
- You must Create an Account and Log In, or use an Authorization Code to claim Listings.
- Learn more about Claimed Listings