Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Darby Ranger Run and Ride
Return to Forum: Darby Ranger Run and Ride Race Info
Topic: Darby Ranger Run
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Mike Donnelly Posted: Oct 9, 2011 Reply
Great run. Ran the 10K and quickly discovered it was going to be more of a cross country than a regular race. You ran on paved roads, dirt roads and  trails through the forest. There were a couple of inclines which will kick your tail. The entire course was well marked and the Army Rangers were located  through out the course to make sure you stayed on the right path. Water stations were at good location as well.

Running the Darby Queen obstacle course was something really unique. Again, the Army Rangers were at each obstacle and were so helpful trying to get me across the obstacle. There were a few I did complete, yet they gave me a "good job" for trying. I was impressed with their hospitality. I was also pleased that the proceeds from the registration will be going to the Wounded Warrior Project.

Will definitely run again, but I will get some more hill training in before I run it.