Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Hangover Classic 10 Mile
Return to Forum: Hangover Classic 10 Mile Race Info
Topic: Could you change the name of the race?
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: running in russia Posted: Dec 7, 2010 Reply
I was very disappointed to find the name of the race to be the "Hangover Classic."  I began competing as a runner in 4th grade.  Looking back over my experience, I am very thankful for the character and values that running helped develop in me.  Running helped me to become more comfortable with myself and realize that I don't need to be under the influence of anything to have a good time.  This is a value that I still hold today and I encourage the young people I work with to be comfortable with who they are and to abstain from the influence of drugs and alcohol that could cause them to make bad choices. 

I believe that there is nothing wrong with consuming alcohol, but I do believe there is something wrong with consuming enough to impair your judgment and to give you hangover.  I was disappointed to find that the title of your race, whether you realize it or not, encourages this sort of lifestyle.