Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Trailbreaker Marathon
Return to Forum: Trailbreaker Marathon Race Info
Topic: 2010 Recap
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Webmaster Mary Posted: Mar 29, 2010 Reply
The Waukesha Park, Rec and Forestry took over this event starting last year.  They did a pretty decent job.  There was actually food for those of us finishing the marathon.  Most years, everything has been gobbled up by the 5kers, half marathoners, and speedy marathoners, and pickins are slim to non-existant by the time the mid-pack marathoners arrive.  This year, plenty of post-race food: fruit, bagels, cinnamon rolls.  Rice Crispie treats were provided by Rochester Deli.

The shirt for the marathoners was relatively crappy.  White shirt with black lettering.  Cheap shirt, cheap printing job.  No size Small offered, and the Medium is huge.  Won't be wearing this one.  Bummer.

I do love running a marathon on my home course, but it does feel weird.  I know every turn, corner, tree, pavement crack, rut, puddle, etc.  This can be good or bad.  There's nothing new to me in the scenery, but I know exactly where I am and how far to the finish.

I ran the first 17 miles with running buddy Dennis.  Chatting non-stop, which I always enjoy.  I sped up a bit for the last 9 miles, and felt pretty good.  No iPod tho, so songs just kept going thru my head.  "This Woman's Work" by Kate Bush from the soundtrack of "She's Having a Baby", and Tom Petty's "Saving Grace".  I saw very few other runners on my return trip.

Greeted by husband Bill, and running friends at the finish.  Always nice.  Went to Rochester Deli for lunch.

All in all, a nice day.