Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: New Berlin National Dash
Return to Forum: New Berlin National Dash Race Info
Topic: 2009 Recap - Nice Noon Event
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Webmaster Mary Posted: Jul 5, 2009 Reply
Updated:
Jul 6, 2009

I have done all 3 New Berlin National Dashes.  This race is at noon, along National Ave, just before New Berlin's parade.

I love that this race starts at noon.  In past years, I have heard complaints about the start time.  If you want a morning race on the Fourth of July in SE Wisconsin, you have several to choose from.  Or, you can do what I have noticed more and more people are doing each year - double duty - do 2 races in one day.  I have done that all three years as well.  I do Firecracker in Hales Corners at 8am, and New Berlin at noon.  I noticed a lot of folks at both races.

This race is well organized, and has decent perks.  Technical t-shirt, goodie bag with a few free-bees.  Post race goodies include subs from Cousins, and fruit.  The subs are a very nice touch after a noon race.

Though I don't know for sure, I suspect the course is a tad bit short, my guess is about 0.05 miles short.  Not enough to prevent me from returning.  If it is short, it would be pretty easy to move the start line back just a tad to make up the difference.