Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Superun 5K Run
Return to Forum: Superun 5K Run Race Info
Topic: 2009 Recap - Nice event
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Webmaster Mary Posted: Jun 25, 2009 Reply
Updated:
Jul 6, 2009

I hadn't run this race since 2005.  This was my 5th Superun.  I also ran 2000, 2001, 2004.

This race is always well run, and this year was no exception.  The new course had a longer stretch along the Lincoln Memorial Drive, and skipped the killer hill on Ravine Road.  I liked the new course.  It was a little bunched up at the beginning when we first got onto the bike path, but not too bad.

Race perks included a cotton tank top with nice art, and socks with Superun on one side, and Rodiez on the other.  I must admit that I have a bit of a sock fettish.  I always love getting new socks, so I thought this was a really nice perk.

I do have one small suggestion though.  When its really hot like this year, the water needs to be much closer to the finish line.  It probably didn't seem like it was that far to the people volunteering, but for the runners, that walk to the water seemed endless.  After I finished I carried what water I could back to the finish for friends as they finished.

Speaking of friends... nice Armelian Marathoner turn out: Jim S, Greg, Karen D, Chuck, Bob, Louise and Jane all ran.  Bill J and Gerta were there volunteering.  Nice to see everyone and hang out drinking free COLD beer with everyone.