Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Running Gear
Return to Forum: Running Gear
Topic: Cold Weather Running
1 to 2 of 2
Format For Printing
Posted By: Justin Posted: Dec 26, 2008 Reply
I'm a beginning runner. I've done some running in the fall and spring, but I've never really ran through the winter. I live in Tennessee, so it's not extremely cold, but it is often in the 20's in the morning and 40's-50's in the afternoon. I've got a long sleeve under armour knock off that I tried today. It was fine this afternoon since it was about 50 today, but I can tell that it's not going to cut it after the holidays if I start running in the mornings. Any suggestions on an outer wear shirt or jacket to go over my 'under armour?'
Posted By: Webmaster Mary Posted: Jan 3, 2009 Reply
Reply To:
Justin
Updated:
Jan 3, 2009
Hi Justin,
I am in Wisconsin, we have lots of experience with cold weather running.  I generally like a technical shirt (like your under armour) for my base layer, and then I usually do a cotton shirt over it - either short sleeve or long sleeve depending on the temp.  I rarely wear jackets - I just don't like them for running, but if its really windy, I will break down and wear one.
Good Luck!
 Mary