Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: London Bridge Half Marathon & 5K
Return to Forum: London Bridge Half Marathon & 5K Race Info
Topic: Havasu Half Marathon
1 to 3 of 3
Format For Printing
Posted By: BigDerek2007 Posted: Feb 11, 2008 Reply
Hello,

I'm looking into running the Havasu Half Marathon... I've posted this same question on an LA Forum without much feedback... I was looking for some actual runners who are familar with Lake Havasu... I visited the http://www.havasuhalf.com website and couldn't find an elevation chart... Does anyone know if the course is hilly or relatively flat? Since the course is parallel with the Lake, I want to assume it's flat... But, I've been wrong before...

Thanks in Advance,
Derek
Posted By: kopperud69 Posted: Feb 18, 2008 Reply
Reply To:
BigDerek2007
Hi Big Derek -

I'm Karen Opperud, the race director for the Havasu Half. This is our inaugural year for the half marathon and we are striving our best to include all the information runners request on our website at www.havasuhalf.com. An elevation chart has been added since your last post. Although it's a rather rolling course, it's only about a 200' elevation gain throughout. Thank you for your questions and if anyone else has comments or suggestions, please shoot me an email.

Look forward to seeing you at the race!
Posted By: kopperud Posted: Sep 3, 2008 Reply
Reply To:
kopperud69
Hello Runners!!

I need your help! We’re in the process of selecting 10 charities to be part of the Havasu Half Marathon 2009 (www.havasuhalf.com). We want to narrow the field of charities to ensure the participating charities get a decent amount of contributions from the event. We were going to select charities that are near and dear to our hearts, but after talking it over with some of our running club members (www.havasuhustlers.com) we discovered that there are A LOT of fantastic charities out there, some of which we may not be familiar with, so asking others has become a little more important...

So here is what we would like to do… Please post your favorite charity on this forum board and if you don’t mind, email it to us at charity@havasuhalf.com – PLEASE POST IT ON THIS FORUM, if you see the charity on the forum, please feel free to share your opinion on that charity to give us some insight on the charity…

On September 5, we’ll be posting a poll of multiple charities on the Havasu Half website – we’ll keep the poll active for 10 days, and then we will post the top 10 vote getters as the official charities in the Havasu Half Marathon…

Thank you so much in advance for your help!!!

KO