Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: 50 Yard Finish Half Marathon & 5K
Return to Forum: 50 Yard Finish Half Marathon & 5K Race Info
Topic: Not a good race!
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: RCarr Posted: Jul 19, 2014 Reply
This was first time I've run this race, and I was not impressed. 

PROS:
1. Great finisher's medal
2. Great shirt

CONS:
Where do I even begin?!
1. A majority of the race is spent running WITH traffic on busy roads. The only thing keeping traffic away from me was an occasional road cone. I felt very uncomfortable/unsafe not being able to see what was coming at me.
2. Only two water stations had Gatorade available. It was really hot on race day (80+ degrees). More electrolytes needed!
3. Lack of port-o-johns on the course. According to the race website, there was supposed to be one at mile 10. Alas, the one I needed most was not to be found at all.
4. Crossed the finish line and no one was cheering. No one. Rather a disappointing finish.
5. No shade at the finish. Everyone was exposed to the hot sun in the middle of the football field. The only tent available for shade was the beer tent.
6. A friend of mine finished later and had to wade through the kids who were competing in the one mile kids run. There was no one there to give her a medal … she had to find someone to give her one.
7. Hardly any food available to later finishers.

There are too many cons to this race. I won't be doing it again.