Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Leaping Leprechauns 5K/15K
Return to Forum: Leaping Leprechauns 5K/15K Race Info
Topic: So-so 15k
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: waxboyd Posted: Mar 10, 2014 Reply
This was my first 15k race to run (I've done 10 miles on my own before.) Registration and same-day packet pickup was a breeze. Parking was simple and it was easy to find. 

As far as the race went, the first thing I noticed was that there were extremely few volunteers along the route of the race (turns were mostly marked by signs.) As a novice runner, this made me a little nervous because I thought "what if something happens?" and I had to go about 2 miles between seeing volunteers.

There were NO port-o-Johns along the race route. Thank goodness I was capable of holding it! But really??? This was my biggest complaint.

The route had some smaller hills, but they were very manageable. I would run the route again. The scenery was great and we ran through some very nice neighborhoods. Do be warned that the beginning of the race was combined with the 5K, and we had to run on sidewalks instead of having the road blocked off. It was only crowded the first mile or so.