Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Route 66 Steps for Success
Return to Forum: Route 66 Steps for Success Race Info
Topic: Route 66 Steps for Success
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: runtobefit Posted: Nov 3, 2013 Reply
We ran this run this weekend. I know it was a school fundraiser but it was advertised like a regular run.  We ran on main roads that were busy but they only closed one lane and no cross roads. So we were running right next to traffic and there were many young children in the race. We also had people pulling out in front of us on cross roads. Not a safe situation. It was also advertised that there were AWARDS for overall winners and age group winners. The AWARDS were soda can cozies. I really don't consider that an AWARD so I don't think it should be advertised as such. I was questioning their timing method since it was not chip times and we were just suppose to give them a tab from our bib to get our time at the end. But my time turned out ok but I was at the start line. For anyone behind the line they were penalized on their time since they were timed from when the gun started even though they were way behind the line. So just a suggestion that is beginning to get serious about racing, I would not recommend this race for you. But if you go to Supulpa school and want to donate and don't care about time, traffic safety or awards this would be fine for you.