Quantcast
Mobile Site You Might Be a Runner If... Gifts for Runners Login Run-Time (formerly User Options) Client Support Center
Work Hard. Play Harder.
Forum Links
Map Menu
Select a State
Other Options
Recent Posts
Help
About
Link to Forum Pages

Forum: Just Clowning Around 5K
Return to Forum: Just Clowning Around 5K Race Info
Topic: Just Clowning Around 5K
1 to 1 of 1
Format For Printing
Posted By: Liz - 8586 Posted: Jul 15, 2012 Reply
I have to say I was completely disappointed with the organization of this race. Starting with BIB pick up when I found that my age group was...18-49 years olds..... really? Four decades of people lumped in one category?! I'm 42 and i'm supposed to compete with 22-25 year olds in their prime running phase....not likely.
Next when we got to the race on Saturday morning there was confusion not only among the runners but also the volunteers as to where the Start line was but that was fairly easily remedied. Then as we runners are gathering at the starting line there is a woman in a car driving through us then stopping in the middle of us to complain that she needs to go through there and asking the runners where she should go....ummmm hello how did she even get that far where were the people who were supposed to be directing traffic???!!! That was only the beginning of the traffic issue it got worse from there.....this is the only race i've ever run where the roads weren't closed and there was traffic coming at us runners in both directions!!! The one thing we shouldn't have to worry about when running a race is getting hit by cars or hearing the crappy comments of the drivers in the cars telling us to hurry up and get out of the way because they are irritated we are running in THEIR way.There were small children running this race and it was NOT a safe race for anyone to run. VERY VERY VERY Disappointing!!! The charity is a good one and the work Camp Good Days does is amazing I wouldn't take anything away from that but as far as the 5K I will never run this one again nor would I suggest to anyone that they should.